Individual and family health insurance plans can help cover expenses in the case of serious medical emergencies, and help you and your family stay on top of preventative health-care services. Having health insurance coverage can save you money on doctor's visits, prescriptions drugs, preventative care and other health-care services. Typical health insurance plans for individuals include costs such as a monthly premium, annual deductible, copayments, and coinsurance.
- Medicare Advantage Plans
- Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans
- Medicare Part D Plans
- Medicare Advantage Plans: These plans include hospital, medical, and sometimes prescription drug and other coverage.
- Medicare Supplement: Also called Medigap, these plans help pay for healthcare costs such as co-pays and deductibles.
- Medicare Part D Plans: Standalone prescription drug plans that offer coverage for medication costs.
Individual/Family Health Insurance
- Affordable Care Act Plans (ACA)
- Short-Term Plans
- Medical Indemnity Plans
- Medical indemnity health insurance pays you a fixed amount for services
- ACA plans provide benefits for a broad range of health care services, both inpatient and outpatient
- Short-term plans can help offset costs if you have a medical emergency unrelated to a preexisting condition.